This won’t be a secret to all of you; however, those of you who haven’t yet encountered Biola’s Apologetics program will really want to be aware of them. After having the privilege of teaching in the program last week, observing their outstanding work in equipping the church for gospel witness, I want to give you a heads up. As promised, I also have the notes from my lectures accessible here for students or anyone interested in them.
Christian Apologetics is an essential course of study that has as its goal the defense of the great truths of the Christian faith. Indeed, the Apostle Peter thought it important enough to exhort all believers to be prepared always to give a defense (apologian) to everyone who asks about the hope that we have in Christ (1 Peter 3:15).
Simply click on the above image for the Biola Apologetics website. Here is a little snapshot of the Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics degree program, which is designed to help students from all academic backgrounds to contend for the faith:
- Better understand the Christian faith
- Answer perennial arguments offered to discredit the Christian faith
- Correct misconceptions about historical Christianity
- Build an intellectual framework useful for responding to future challenges
- Confidently make the case that it is reasonable to place one’s faith in Christ
- And, of course, to grow personally in devotion to Christ and service to His Church
The flexibility in the curriculum gives you the opportunity either to study broadly in the defense of the faith, or to tailor course work for your particular area of interest such as biblical, cultural, philosophical, cult apologetics, and more.
In addition to biblical and theological studies, you are able to draw from disciplines as diverse as history, philosophy, science, the humanities, social science, and law, all with an eye toward demonstrating the truth of the Gospel and the Christian world view beyond a reasonable doubt.